I created instructions for how to track waivers in the past, but those instructions need updating. I’m now exploring with creating a #templates category on Discourse, and then sub-categories for any template that we’d want in Discourse. This way people can create the template, then move it over to their circle for further tracking.
When I did that, the result was the following.
I’m wondering if this is more effective than just saying copy and paste this template, or if it’s actually way too complicated. I’m leaning towards too complicated.
All young people <18 must have parent/guardian permission to participate in #NYCEDU programs.
Create a post using this topic template
Move post to your own circle
On Flipcause, create a Youth Leader <18 registration type and add this information
If you are under 18, have your parent/guardian register for you so they can sign the waiver/permission form that is part of the registration process."
Require all registrants to sign the General Waiver and Media Release form in the online registration process. All registrants, including adult allies, must sign this form.
- Require individual participant information from every ticket holder
- Add Waivers to Flipcause event campaigns
Double-check after registrations that the waivers were signed correctly
- Change the campaign internal notification settings to notify the organizer responsible for double-checking youth leaders waivers
- Double-check the waivers of each ticket holder by clicking on the PDF in the internal notification and check that the birth date of the person who registered shows that they are over 18
- Track anyone who needs to fix their waiver using this template
- Email/text any registrant <18 who incorrectly signed the waiver using this template
- Follow-up with anyone who hasn’t re-registered to remind them that they must have parent/guardian permission
Double-check at event sign-ins that young people <18 have parent/guardians who signed the waiver.
- Ask if they are under 18, and if they are, ask if they had their parent/guardian register for them online or if they have a physical copy of the waiver
- If they have a physical copy, take a picture of both sides and use the Add Document feature on Flipcause to upload their waiver
- If they did not, have them call up their parent/guardian and register them
- If they cannot get a parent/guardian to sign their waiver, they will unfortunately need to leave the event
Keep everything updated as needed
- Update our General Waiver and Media Liability form is on Google Drive.
- Update any templates linked in How do we ensure all young people <18 have parent/guardian waivers? [TEMPLATE]
- Update How do we ensure all young people <18 have parent/guardian waivers? [TEMPLATE]