I attended YVote’s last event and it was awesome!
They’re recruiting young people to join YVote this fall. You’ll be
- participating in biweekly Pizza and Politics forums to bolster their organizing, advocacy, and campaign building skills
- registering students as part of the High School Voter Registration Coalition the week of Sept 23
- developing and executing campaigns to get ALL 16 and 17 year olds in NY pre-registered to vote–and to be more broadly civically engaged–come Jan 2020
- working to increase youth engagement in Congressional District 15, which has among the lowest youth voter turnout in NYC
- being trained and serving as youth poll workers
- getting involved in census outreach
- forging partnerships with teens to do mobilization in vital states (you know, places like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida)
- partnering with a nucleus of leaders to develop a “civic ecosystem” to provide on-ramps for greater numbers of young people to identify and engage in civic opportunities
Reply to this post if interested!
And, adult allies, pass this opportunity on!