This is an amazing job opportunity that’s aligned with Youth Power Coalition’s mission to build a movement for youth-led collective impact!
Student Success Network is seeking a Facilitator to co-develop and co-implement a Youth Participatory Action Research (YPAR) curriculum. The Youth Participatory Action Research (YPAR) Facilitator will be part of a team, including SSN staff, a partner organization, and a YPAR advisor, creating a web of support for young people. Specific responsibilities include:
- In partnership with SSN staff and practitioners, create overall program structure and materials, drawing from SSN’s library of materials to outline a preliminary curriculum focused on community building, youth-adult partnership, SEL development, examining social and cultural identities with an antiracist lens, and research skills development
- In partnership with SSN staff and practitioners, create a recruitment and selection process that intentionally invites youth with learning differences, whose voices and perspectives are too often excluded from traditional research spaces.
- Assess youth learning styles to provide differentiated and scaffolded learning experiences
- Coach youth as they complete independent and group projects
- Support each youth researcher to identify and actively participate in specific project activities that best nurture their strengths and abilities
- Consult with SSN staff to ensure planned research activities and practices are inclusive and support meaningful participation for all of the youth involved.
- Participate in research team activities, including question formation, development of methodology, data collection, analysis and sense-making, and action-oriented dissemination of findings.
Learn more about Transformative SEL in Action: A YPAR Project here.
Time and Compensation
Maximum 20 hours a week