I’d like to update the tags we use for project management. The tags related to our project management stages are currently:
My hope for the update is to make them align with our Sociocracy practices and our Advice process in a way that is not too difficult to use but provides enough structure to make sure all of our decisions are made in an equity-centered, co-creative, and build-in-public way.
- Who are most impacted?
- Who are experts?
- What’s the balance between lightweight and powerful but complex?
- To what extent does this need to be adopted throughout the organization?
- How should training happen?
- Who’s responsible for managing their circle’s Kanban Board if at all?
- How does this project management system tie in with the rest of our communications platforms?
- Where are we posting meeting reports? It’s traditionally been in Slack but are we for posting it here instead?
- To what extent do we distinguish between projects and tasks? e.g. this project is much more complex than changing the name of meeting summaries to meeting reports.
- What are measures of success and/or non-success?
- How do we define each stage. For example, this resource might help for the understanding phase! The Impact Gap Canvas.
- Understanding (previously scoping) (we’re understanding this projects historical context, who’s impacted, and who should be consenting to the final decision)
- Exploring (previously in-progress) (we’re generating ideas)
- Deciding (previously in-progress) (we have a full proposal and are looking for clarity, consent and/or objections)
- Ready (we’ve discussed the idea and prioritized it but don’t have the capacity to actively work on it yet)
- Implementing (previously in-progress) (we’re putting the decision into practice)
- Evaluating (we’re evaluating how well the decision is going)
- Reporting (previously sharing) (we’re reporting our evaluation and our learnings and sharing it out as well as celebrating accomplishments)
- Done (yay!)
- Recurring (previously ongoing) (whatever the project is, it’s now a repeating task)
- On Hold (previously blocked) (we’re still committed but something is blocking forward progress) (or maybe we just call this blocked)
- Not Doing (we’ve decided this project doesn’t fit our vision mission values aims and/or strategy)
Discussion on the SoFA Facebook Group
Update project management tags
Update Kanban theme component
Update How do we document organizational policies, meeting minutes, and project updates?