TOP PRIORITY: Write 1023 Application

This is our 1023 Application! Goal is to get it done ASAP so we can receive donations by our fundraiser.

Documents

Resources

Next Steps
[*] Parts 1-8: Basics + Activities
… [*] Deborah drafts
… [*] Board reviews
… [*] Lawyers review
[*] Parts 9-10: Financials
… [*] Deborah drafts
… [* ] Board reviews
… [*] Lawyers review
[*] Schedule E: Date of eligibility
… [*] Deborah drafts
… [*] Board reviews
… [*] Lawyers review
[*] Form 5768
[*] Put Everything Together
[*] Write Check
[*] Mail Everything Off!

@board-circle I’ve completed parts 1-8 of our 1023 filing! It’s a doozy. While I do not anticipate that you will have any objections to what I wrote, please take a look at Form 1023 and Form 1023 Supplemental Pages to do your due diligence as board members. I’ve also sent this to our lawyers who will return with edits as necessary. Our goal is to file by mid-February, so please return your comments by February 5th (two weeks from now).

2 Likes

You got it! I also see emails from you regarding our experience, bios in this form, so I guess we should check those too :slight_smile: Thank you! Chat tonight about the party!

1 Like

Hi all! Just a reminder we’re a week away from the Feb 5th deadline to return with comments and this doc is a doozie!

Thanks,

rachel

2 Likes

Hi There,
I sign off on the 1023 form but I made a list of questions/comments you can find here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OdLQ3WPHv1Sthih0eF-Hvsm4S1Ak0yPZzq9VipjU5Os/edit?usp=sharing

On to the supplemental form, I’ll use the same Google Doc for comments/questions.

Thank you,
Rachel

1 Like

Hi @board-circle - Our lawyers have returned with their comments! Please see version 2 of the 1023 supplemental pages for their notes and my responses. Some major updates since our last email was that we clarified how we do joint fundraisers, we’ve noted the possibility of applying for grants, and we’ve added language on how we may attempt to influence legislation in the future. All suggested changes are in green so you know where to focus your review.

1 Like

As everyone knows, WE DID IT! Just putting a photo here in order to document on Discourse. :smiley:

Screenshot of Google Chrome (3-6-20, 11-43-49 AM)
Description: Photo of envelope sending our 1023 application off!