Strategy Session - Dec 2019

Hey Good People - @board-circle

Our strategy session is 10 days away :slight_smile:

Here’s a link to the (tentative) Participant Agenda.

Also sharing sharing the Facilitator Agenda. Link here and it is copy & pasted below.

Could you all send me any feedback by Tuesday Dec 10, 5 pm?

Some feedback I (think) I could use lol:

• Icebreaker ideas
  • Sections to cut
  • Sections to combine/synthesize
  • Volunteer to facilitate open items
  • Additional materials needed
Time Boundary Topics Objective Facilitator Materials
12:00 PM Space Set Up Board N/A
12:30 PM Doors Open To do some relationship building and encourage an on-time start Board Name Tags
1:10 PM Opening Review meeting’s purpose, goal, and agenda Michael Hard copies of agenda
1:15 PM Introductions Relationship building and short icebreaker Michael TBD
1:30 PM History of NYCEDU Review organization’s history Deborah
1:45 PM BREAK #1
1:50 PM Brainstorming Generate ideas for potential NYCEDU programing
1:55 PM Reflection Pair up and discuss ideas generated during brainstorming Small note pads (?)
2:05 PM Share Out #1 Discussion on potential program ideas Flip chart/markets or dry erase board/dry erase markers
2:15 PM BREAK #2
2:25 PM Evaluate Look at the strengths and challenges of each proposed idea Scrap paper
2:35 PM Prototype Create outlines and skeletons for potential strategies Scrap paper
2:55 PM Share Out #2 Review prototypes and select three strategies to prioritize
3:15 PM BREAK #3
3:20 PM Strategize Discuss “how, what, when” for each strategy Michael Flip chart/flip markers or Dry erase board/dry erase markers
3:50 PM Action Commitments and Next Step Michael
3:55 PM Check Out Michael
1 Like

Look great Michael, can’t wait!

1 Like

Thanks @jmckinney and looking forward to Sunday!

Thanks Farzana! I can’t wait either!

So excited!!! I think it looks great, @michael.

Icebreaker ideas:

• Share a story about your name, like what it means or what was the inspiration behind it.
  • You can have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what is it and why?
  • What’s something you want to brag about today? Can be something small like “I went to sleep on time.”
  • What’s one part of your identity that you lead with and how?

Volunteer: How do you feel about a Crazy 8s format for prototyping? If you’re for it, I volunteer to facilitate the prototyping + share out #2.

Additional Materials:

• Post-it notes for the brainstorming. That way we can group the ideas, move them around when we’re evaluating, etc. We’ll have a whiteboard!
  • What should we do for snacks? Potluck?

Also, my apologies for giving the feedback late. I hope it still came in, in time!

1 Like

Hey @deborahchang thanks for the feedback!

The “story behind the name” icebreaker has always yielded interesting stories! But I haven’t heard of the “unlimited supply” activity and it sounds fun! So we’ll roll with that.

Thumbs up on “Crazy 8s” for prototyping and you facilitating Share Out #2.

I’ll share out a list of supplies. So we can see what we have/don’t have. I’ll include Post-Its in the lists and tell folks that snacks = potluck.

Appreciate the feedback :slight_smile: #teamwork

Hey Everyone,

Very excited to see everyone on Sunday!

Doors open at 12:30, when we’ll have snacks and get to know each other casually :slight_smile:

It’s potluck-style, so feel free to bring your favorite snacks, yummy treats, and all other types of goodness!

The agenda is linked in this thread. It’s also in the Google Calendar invite.

Sincerely,
Michael

(cc @board-circle @jmckinney)

Hi Everyone, so excited for this meeting - my one concern is that we spend a lot of time with intros and story and not tons of time thinking and brainstorming. (30 min)

Hi Everyone, you can ignore my last comment. I sent it yesterday from my phone and it looks like It didn’t go through. Looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday!